The Levels Country Kitchen are looking for an experienced, qualified and passionate
Head Chef to join our small and friendly team.
Head Chef will lead and manage all of the kitchen’s activities in our modern family run cafe, ensuring the highest quality and standards are relentlessly maintained while helping us to drive this exciting business forward.
• Proven experience as a Head Chef
• Proven ability of kitchen and team management
• Outstanding communication and leadership skills
• Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes
• Credentials in health and safety training
• Excellent cooking skills and passion for modern food
• An understanding of produce and ingredients
• The ability to write menus that are both creative and profitable including plant based dishes
• Key member of the management team
• Overall responsibility for daily kitchen operations
• Liaising with local suppliers to source the best ingredients
• Maintaining the profit margins on food
• Managing, training and recruiting kitchen staff
• Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
• Construct seasonal menus ensuring the variety, quality and modern twist of the servings
Ensure kitchen equipment is fully serviceable, and a preventative maintenance plan is in place
Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
Willing to work weekends & bank holidays
Perks of the job include - daytime role, FREE quarterly treatments at the onsite wellness SPA, staff discount across
the whole Windmill Retreat estate including self catered lodge holidays, onsite wellness SPA and cafe.
If you’re a collaborative team leader who thrives on taking responsibility, being part of a can-do team and
can consistently produce top-quality menu ideas and dishes with a modern twist - we would love to hear from you.
If interested, please send your CV and a covering letter introducing
yourself and your passion for cooking to Ilze via firstname.lastname@example.org